Adilabad: About 100 persons were hospitalised after they consumed contaminated food at a marriage party at Shavapur village in Jainath mandal. Their medical condition is said to be stable. A medical camp was set up at the village to attend to the patients.
Sources said that nearly 100 persons complained of vomiting and diarrhea after they had food served at the wedding at Boyire Ramchandar, a resident of the village. Some of them were rushed to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS)-Adilabad. Others were provided medical services at a camp arranged at the village.
Jainath mandal Medical Officer Dr Deepika told Telangana Today that the attendants of the marriage party had symptoms of food poisoning. They were given ORS. They will be discharged tomorrow, she stated.