Hyderabad: Telangana Today is organising a photo contest on the theme of Bathukamma festival, the cultural identity of the State. Bathukamma, the nine-day festivity makes Telangana pulsate with raw energy as women, children and men get immersed in it. This is an opportunity for the photographer in you to capture the moment and freeze that emotion.
Shoot pictures of Bathukamma festival to weave a visual story and send them to ‘Telangana Today‘ to participate in “Bathukamma – 2017” photo contest. The first prize will carry a cash award of Rs 20,000, Second (Rs 15,000), Third (Rs 10,000) and five consolation prizes of Rs 5,000 each.
Each entry must have a minimum of 10 to 15 photographs on the entire festival beginning from the preparations for Bathukamma to the grand finale. Entries must have suitable captions. The last date for submission is October 16, 2017. A jury of well-known photographers will select the prize-winning visual stories. The contest is being organised in association with Telangana Photography Academi.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The contest is open to all photographers, whether amateurs or professionals, or general public from India.
2. All the photographs should be on “Bathukamma Festivities” and should have been taken in Telangana State.
3. There is no entry fee.
4. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision is final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and their decision will be entertained.
5. The panel of Judges will evaluate the images on Artistic/Visual appeal, originality, creativity and extent to which the participant captures the essence of the theme.
6. Digital manipulation (material change in the visual content) that distracts the reality of the images will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast, adjustments or simple cropping will be allowed. Not adhering to this will face disqualification of the entry. In case of any doubt, the judges can ask the winning participant to submit original file for scrutiny.
7. Each participant can submit 10 to 15 images to make an interesting story on the festival of Bathukamma. The story begins with the collection of flowers to decoration of Bathukamma to praying of Bathukamma to the final immersion.
8. All your pictures should be in order of your preference and numbered accordingly. The numbering should help judges view your panel. The pictures have to be mentioned from 1 to 10/15, marking the photo by number 1..2..3.. 10/15… likewise. Send all your pictures in one file clearly mentioning your name address, email and phone number.
9. All Images should be in JPEG format and at least 1600 pixels wide for a horizontal image or 1600 pixels tall for vertical image. All files must be not exceeding 4 MB at 300 dpi resolution.
10. Winners must forward RAW files or 300 dpi high resolution images of winning entries to Telangana Publications Private Limited, the publishers of Telangana Today on demand before the formal declaration of prizes.Winners, who do not submit high resolution images of winning entries before formal declaration of prize, will be disqualified and the jury will select new winners from remaining contestants.
11. All images should be submitted online through email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 16.
12. No prints or film submissions will be accepted for entry in the contest.
13. Each image submitted must be the original work of the participant who must also be also its copyright owner.
14. The images that have been used for commercial purpose and/or been published earlier will not be eligible.
15. The organisers reserve the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove such images which will not adhere to these set rules and regulations. And no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
16. All submitted images are non-returnable. By submitting the image for competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organisation the right to use the image in print, broadcast/or electronic media without any fee payment for the purpose of promoting the Bathukamma Festival. Where any image is so used by the organisation, the participant will be acknowledged accordingly.
17. By submitting the image for competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to and be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the competition.