While travelling, one would definitely love to capture the moments they are enjoying! And, the purpose is served by a good camera. Of course, for those spur-of-the-moment captures, there’s always the smartphone. But, when it comes to clicking the best and most memorable pictures that would last a lifetime, a decent DSLR camera is a must.
However, the question of how to pack it safely when you add in a few lenses, a flash, and a variety of other peripherals, becomes important as these are fragile items that take up quite a bit of space. Remembering these six things will really help us.
- Use sufficient padding for all fragile items.
- Don’t pack your gear in checked baggage, if possible. Also, if checked, make sure everything is insured.
- Don’t leave a lens attached to your camera.
- Pack lens wipes and cleaning supplies. Be prepared with wipes and a brush.
- Limit what you pack. You don’t need to take along every bit of the gear you own as lugging it around will be a hassle. Carrying a couple of multipurpose lens will be better. Pack as fewer items as you can.
- Don’t forget your charger, but don’t carry too many extra batteries. For DSLRs, as per the airport and flight regulations, maximum two batteries are allowed. It’s better to carry rechargeable batteries along with its charger.