Warangal Urban: Fire broke out in Raja children’s clinic run by Dr D Uma Maheshwar Rao on JPN Road in the city on Tuesday. No casualties or injuries have been reported in the incident.
According to the district fire officer B Keshavulu, they had received a call around 1 pm and turned out three fire tenders immediately. “Within half-an-hour, the fire has been completely put out,” he said and added that the short circuit in the medical shop which is adjacent to the clinic in the ground floor is the reason for the fire accident as per the preliminary assessment.
Property worth Rs 7-8 lakh including furniture and medicines were burnt in the accident. There were no patients at the clinic when the accident took place.