Hyderabad: A major fire broke out in a plastic warehouse at Sai Baba Nagar in Mailardevpally on the city outskirts here on Thursday morning. No casualties were reported as the warehouse was closed. Officials suspect a short circuit could have led to the fire. The warehouse belongs to one Syed Amir, a resident of the old city.
Around 6 am, local residents noticed fire and thick smoke emerging from the warehouse which is surrounded by residential colonies. They alerted the Fire Department and police. Two fire engines were rushed to the spot.
The warehouse was full of plastic scrap material, due to which thick smoke engulfed the surrounding areas, triggering panic among the residents. People staying near the warehouse were evacuated as a preventive measure.
The fire personnel fought the blaze for about two hours and finally managed to douse it. Officials said the cost of the property damaged was yet to be estimated. The Mailardevpally police were investigating.