Fire broke out at DQ Entertainment office in Hyderabad

On being informed, Banjara Hills police reached the spot and inspected the site.

By   |  Published: 6th May 2018  4:52 pm
A visual from the accident spot.

Hyderabad: The ground floor of DQ Entertainment (International) Limited, Banjara Hills, was gutted after a fire broke out here on Sunday. No casualties were reported and property loss was put at Rs15 lakhs, State Fire Services officials said.

According to Station Fire Officer, Panjagutta, D Mohan Rao, a team from Punjagutta Station Fire Office responded to an emergency call around 11.30 am.

A group of workers were executing electrical works in the two-storied building and the fire is suspected to have broken out due to an electric short circuit in the computer server room.

He said two teams comprising nearly 15 firefighters and two fire tenders were deployed on the spot and the fire operation went on for nearly two hours.

“First the server room caught fire and later it spread to all other areas on the ground floor. The electric short circuit in an air conditioner was suspected to be the reason behind the accident,” Rao said.

On being informed, Banjara Hills police reached the spot and inspected the site.

“A complaint was lodged by the firm’s officials and a case has been booked. After the Fire officials submit a report, further action would be initiated,” said K Srinivas, Inspector, Banjara Hills.