Vijayawada: Fire broke out in Sentini Super Specialty Hospital in Vijayawada on Tuesday, with no immediate reports of casualties, police said.
Smoke was noticed on the first floor the Hospital as a fire broke out, apparently due to a short circuit.
The incident led to panic among patients and their attendants. Relatives of the patients and hospital staff had a tough time in shifting the patients out of the building, police said.
Some people broke the window panes of the building. Fire fighting personnel deployed escalators to rescue the people trapped inside.
Ambulances were pressed into service to shift the patients to other hospitals.