Fish are low in fat and high in omega-3 fatty acids. And what can be a better way than having it in a melange of spices and with some smoky rice? So, note down and try out this traditional-yet-easy recipe.
Broiled poppy seeds: 2 tsp
Half a coconut
Fish: 250 gms
Tomatoes medium-sized (finely chopped): 4-5
Onion medium-sized (finely chopped): 2
Refined oil: 2 tbsp
Salt according to taste
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Chilli powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
– Make a paste of cloves, cardamom, broiled poppy seeds and half a coconut.
– Clean the fish properly.
– Heat the pan and fry the onions till they change colour, and then, add curry leaves.
– After that, add prepared paste.
– Once the paste starts bubbling, add all the masalas (salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder).
– Then, add a little water to that and bring it to boil and, once the masala is cooked, add chopped tomatoes to the curry.
– Once the tomatoes are cooked, add fish to the curry and after 10 minutes, add tamarind water.
– Let the curry boil till the fish cooks, make sure not to overcook your fish.
– Serve it hot with rice or roti.