It is imperative for brides-to-be to start focusing on their skincare regimen long before the big date starts looming, to look their prettiest. If you are one of them, it is recommended to start paying extra attention to your skin more than six months in advance, say experts.
Vidushi Aggarwal, brand head, Headstart International, lists five essentials that will help you achieve that spotless glow.
* Cleanse the skin and get rid of sweat, oil, dirt and other pollutants that your skin naturally collects throughout the day, before retiring to bed. Orange blossom and ginger cleanse the pores of the skin and, at the same time, maintain the oil balance without making it dry.
* An exfoliator gets rid of dead skin cells, helping restore a radiant complexion. It is essential to go for a complete exfoliation to remove the signs of dullness.
* Toner tones the skin post cleansing, helping sweep away impurities, leaving pores clean and less noticeable.
* A moisturiser is an essential that should not be skipped for any skin type, especially at night to provide nourishment to the skin.
* To go a step further, add an equalising mud mask to your regimen. It balances the oil around the T-zone area on your face and controls the excess oil in that region whilst hydrating the rest of your face and helping combat dryness in the other regions of your face.