Queensland, Australia is the most northern State on Australia’s east coast with a landscape ranging from outback deserts to lush tropical rainforests and coral reefs of the Great Barrier Reef. Also known as “Sunshine State” with an average of 300 days of sunshine a year, it is no wonder that it has earned the nickname. Located in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia, formally founded in 1971, Griffith University is a public research university. Named after Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice Premier of Queensland and the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
Griffith University believes in, celebrates and strives for the remarkable. As one of Australia’s most innovative tertiary institutions, Griffith is an influential contributor to education and research in the Asia–Pacific region. Since opening in 1975, Griffith has grown from a small, single campus of 451 students to a comprehensive university with over 50,000 students across five campuses in South East Queensland and a network of 2,00,000 graduates.
The University now has five physical campuses spanning three cities, the largest of which are the Gold Coast campus at Southport and the Nathan campus in Brisbane. The Mount Gravatt and South Bank campuses are also located in Brisbane, while the Logan campus is at Meadowbrook. In 2018, the University launched its Digital campus, now its sixth campus, which offers a range of online degrees.
Griffith University students gain the academic knowledge of a world-class university, as well as the skills and confidence that employers want. Through industry placements and projects for real clients, students put what they learn in the classroom into practice and gain valuable contacts before they graduate.
Students can choose from a range of disciplines at the University for both, undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Degrees span areas like Engineering and IT, Business and Government and Science and Aviation. Griffith offers more than 300 programmes at undergraduate, postgraduate and research levels.
Taught across three trimesters each year, with intakes available in February, July and October, Popular study areas include:
- Architecture, construction and planning
- Business and government
- Criminology and law
- Engineering, IT and aviation
- Humanities, languages and social science
- Medicine, dentistry and health
- Music and performing arts
- Visual and creative arts
English language support at university
Griffith University provides academic and English language assistance to help a student succeed in a Griffith University degree.
RATINGS AND RANKING
- As a leading institution in the Asia-Pacific, Griffith ranks in the top 3 per cent of universities in the world.
- The University Ranking of Academic Performance lists universities on criteria including citation, impact and journal standing.
- Griffith University has been ranked the tenth-best performed on a national level and is inside the top 300 on world rankings.
- The University is a Gen Y institution, ranking 32nd in the QS World University Rankings 2018.
- It holds 5-star rating for its overall educational experience, from the Good Universities Guide.
- Ranked in 39 of the 61 subjects and disciplines, Griffith University was placed in the global top 100 in Nursing (11), Commerce Management, Tourism and Services (29), Law & Legal Studies (36), International relations (37), Marine Sciences (48), Education (53), Sociology (53), Studies in Human Society (57), Human Movement & Sports Sciences (58), Business (69), Environmental Sciences (78), Environmental Engineering (92).
Making the decision to study overseas, and choosing the right university, is a big decision. Since its beginnings in the 1970s, Griffith has had a strong focus on internationalisation and is privileged to host students from over 130 different countries.
Griffith University provide excellent scholarship opportunities for international students with a range of scholarships, including:
- Excellence scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Scholarships for family members of current international students and alumni
- Discipline-specific scholarships for selected programs
- Higher degree by research scholarships are also awarded to the top graduate of the Griffith English Language Institute Direct Entry Program and the top Griffith College Diploma graduate for each session.
Unitemps helps students apply for part-time work, Griffith was the first university in Australia to offer Unitemps, a service dedicated to helping you apply for paid part-time work while you study.
With a superb subtropical climate and unique mix of natural wonders and vibrant city life, Griffith is the perfect place to combine study with an amazing cultural and lifestyle experience.