Hyderabad: Close to 15 children from AKM orphanage-cum-hostel in Kachiguda were admitted to Niloufer Hospital on Saturday night when they fell ill after their dinner in the mess. The children complained of severe stomach ache, nausea and vomiting. The hostel authorities immediately rushed the students to Niloufer Hospital for treatment.
According to Niloufer Hospital doctors, all the children were aged between 8 and 10 years old and are in a stable condition. The hospital authorities said that the children will be discharged from the hospital by Monday.
Senior pediatricians pointed out that food poisoning cases were most common during summer because food becomes stale quickly. The senior physicians advised families to ensure that everybody has access to fresh food during summer.