Hyderabad: A fire broke out at the MNJ Institute of Oncology Regional Cancer Hospital at Lakdikapul on Wednesday morning. No casualties were reported.
According to fire officials, the fire broke out in the blood bank on the ground floor of the hospital, following which the fire control room received a distress call at 8.30 a.m.
“Immediately a fire tender from the Assembly fire station was rushed to the spot followed by another vehicle from the Secretariat fire station. The fire was put out within half an hour,” fire officials said.
As a precautionary measure, the staff at the hospital along with the local police immediately evacuated the persons on the upper floors in the hospital.
Officials suspect that the fire might have been triggered by a short circuit.
Now you can get hand picked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.