Hyderabad: Two children die in separate cases

By Author  |  Published: 17th Mar 2019  7:24 pm

Hyderabad: A seven year-old girl died under suspicious circumstances at a water tank in Toli Mosque area in Kulsumpura police station limits.

According to the sub inspector Ch. Naga Raju, Needha Begum, daughter of Mohd Zaheer and Safiya Begum had lunch along with her father and sibling around 1.30 pm on Saturday.

After finishing the lunch her father and brother reportedly fell asleep in the house. “Needha Begum, went to the nearby Toli Masjid area and apparently fell into a six feet deep water tank constructed for performing ablution by the visitors to the mosque. The father of the girl who noticed the girl missing from the house started a search and found the body in the water tank. By the time, they removed her, the child had died,” the sub inspector said.

However, the mother of the girl, Safiya Begum lodged a complaint raising suspicion over the girl’s death. Safiya stated that as her husband was harassing and torturing her, she shifted to her mother’s place in Mustaidpura and was staying there.

“Five days ago, my husband came to my house and forcefully took away my daughter. On Saturday I received a phone call about the death of Needha Begum. I suspect that my husband might have harmed the girl,” she told the police.

Based on the complaint, the police registered a case and took up investigation. “As of now a case of suspicious death has been registered and autopsy conducted. Based on the report, we will alter the section and line of investigation if needed,” Naga Raju said.

Boy Died:

In another incident, a sixteen month old boy died after consuming turpentine oil kept at the house at Hydernagar in KPHB colony.

According to the police, the toddler Shaik Sufiyan, was playing in the house when he accidentally took a small bottle containing turpentine oil and drank it. His father, Abdul Rahman, rushed the toddler to a private hospital where he died while undergoing treatment on Saturday night.

A case was registered by the KPHB police.