Land record purification nears completion in Telangana

According to officials, around 85 per cent of purification drive was completed in the State.

By Author   |   Published: 7th Dec 2017   12:05 am Updated: 7th Dec 2017   1:00 am
Vakati Karuna
File Photo: Director for Public Health and Family Welfare, Vakati Karuna.

Hyderabad: With an objective to ensure hassle-free land transactions in the future, the land record purification drive, taken up by the State government is going on fast track and will reach its target soon.

According to officials, around 85 per cent of purification drive was completed in the State and the rest 15 per cent will be completed by the end of December. The 100 days massive exercise launched on September 15, was aimed at cleansing the land records which have not been done decades together. Within eighty days since the launch of the programme, officials have completed purification of land records in 7,300 villages and by this weekend it will reach to 9,200 out of total 10,875 villages in the State, Land Records Purification, Updating and computerization Mission Project Director Vakati Karuna told Telangana Today.

The State government is keen on covering all the villages during the 100-day drive in two phases. The first phase would be completed by the end of December end. The first phase covered undisputed issues such as correction of names, the extent of land, khata number, clubbing two khata numbers into one and deleting the sold portion of land. Under the second phase, the lands, which would have litigations and court cases would be taken up to show the concrete solution.

During one month drive, the revenue and special teams verified 1.50 crore acres and declared that 1.23 crore acres were litigation-free. It is interesting to note that under phase I of the programme, clarity has been established in more than 82 per cent of lands. The officials are successfully distributing the Record of Rights (ROR) certificates to the land owners, “If we are unable to found the land owner either in village or in nearby we are maintaining a special register to record those details along with survey number and owner’s name,” said Chintapally Deputy Tahsildar, A Chandrashekar Reddy.