With Sonam Kapoor-Anand Ahuja’s wedding creating quite the buzz, it is time to observe the wedding trends among the younger generation. Every now and then, people witness big fat Indian weddings of such magnitude that it seems unreal. But, many youngsters are taking the minimalist route too.
People want to avoid the cumbersome task of managing logistics, limit their expenditure, and also be considerate towards the environment by using minimum resources. In Indian weddings, the events can go on for a week with small ceremonies leading up to the big day.
Mehendi is a low-key event that gives the hosts a chance to relax and enjoy with their near and dear ones, before the wedding festivities begin. Here is some inspiration for an unforgettable décor for mehendi without going overboard:
- Use natural pieces for the décor. Flowers and leaves create a nice festive ambience without being flashy or gaudy. Also, you don’t need too many of these to make the place look pretty. Even simple strings of marigolds are enough to create a wonderful backdrop.
- Consider your house for the venue. Unless you live in a big city with and are limited by space constraints, your home will be a great place for gatherings. Especially, for intimate family affairs like mehendi ceremony.
- Couple of pastel drapes around the room is enough to accentuate the décor. Considering that it is more of a daytime affair, these colours add elegance.
- Play with floral arrangements in terms of making exclusive centerpieces and the shades of flowers and leaves. A golden yellow marigold against bright green banana or mango leaves looks magnificent.
- ·Add a few colourful bolsters or cushion covers for a festive appeal. -Lekha