Mosquito coil proves dangerous for Kothagudem man

By Author  |  Published: 12th Sep 2019  6:58 pm

Kothagudem: Lighting up a mosquito repellent coil proved costly for a 75-year-old man of Gauthamipuram Colony at Burgampahad mandal headquarters in Kothagudem district.

Sources said that Dasari Venkanna lit a mosquito coil and put it under the cot and slept overnight. Around midnight, bedsheet accidentally came in contact with the coil and fastly turned to fire.

Venkanna who was fast asleep woke up to see himself caught in fire. His family members and neighbours too woke up when they heard his cries for help. They rushed him to Bhadrachalam Area Hospital for treatment.

Since his condition was serious, he was shifted to MGM Hospital in Warangal in the morning hours of Thursday. His condition now is said to be improving slowly, sources said.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click these links to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter