Note ban, GST biggest reforms: Naidu

“The PM has taken two bold decisions including demonetisation and GST which are the biggest economic reforms in independent India. These are the two major reforms after economic reforms," said AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.

By Author  |  Published: 3rd Jan 2017  7:56 pmUpdated: 4th Jan 2017  10:58 am
note ban
Prime Minister Narendra Modi felicitates the Nobel laureate Ada E. Yonath during the inauguration of 104th Indian Science Congress programme at Sri Venkateswara University in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday. Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrababu Naidu and the Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Y.S. Chowdary are also seen. Photo: PTI

Tirupati: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for introducing financial reforms including demonetisation and also the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in the country.

Naidu observed that demonetisation had made the life of common man simple and that none would face problems with this, while delivering his address at the 104th Indian Science Congress at Sri Venkateswara University in Tirupati.

“The PM has taken two bold decisions including demonetisation and GST which are the biggest economic reforms in independent India. These are the two major reforms after economic reforms. With this we can simplify business transactions, control tax evasions and parallel economy, eradicate corruption, terrorism, naxalism, we can bring political reforms, can eliminate anti-social elements and also clean up political corruption in the country,” observed Naidu.

He said the PM’s decision would bring in lot of benefits to the common man. “With biometrics and fingerprints the common man can transfer money. This is nowhere in the world except India. A smart phone or ordinary phone is enough to transfer money, today with the reforms brought by the Centre under the leadership of PM Modi,” Naidu said.

He said the PM wanted to use science and technology for the common man’s welfare and development. Naidu observed that the world was witnessing the fourth industrial revolution. “First and second were slow, third was much faster now the fourth one — Internet-of-Things (IoT) — is real time,” he said.

He said the AP government had been providing quality internet services to the common man at cheapest price through fibre grid. Innovation, incubation and startups were the order to promote innovations in the country he said, and added that he wished to replicate Silicon Valley in AP. He pointed out that at present AP had reached about 25 per cent of the digital transactions target and would cover the remaining 75 per cent within three months.