Running, walking and swimming are superb forms of exercise, but if you’re looking to change up your cardio routine, why not try cycling? It can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all walks of life and is a great way to get your heart pumping while putting minimal impact on your joints.
So, if you’re considering taking up cycling, then we are here to tell you why it is the best option to go for because the benefits of cycling are almost as endless as the gullies or roads you could soon be exploring.
Reap the benefits
- Half an hour ride every day is a healthy way to keep your body fit and will protect against diseases. It decreases stress levels, body fat levels, improves postures, among others.
- Also, you don’t have to pedal like a pro to reap the benefits. So, get cycling.
- Check your bike before starting.
- Be alert.
- Plan your route.
- Practise in a safe environment.
- Wear a helmet.
Know the pros
- Improve strength and stamina.
- Boost positive mental attitude.
- Easy as compared to other sports.
- Cheapest mode of transport.
- Travel for free.
Make it a habit
- Riding to school is a great way to get the kids more active. Cycling has many benefits for children.
- Commuting by bike is cheap, green and one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your routine. So, use your bike as a means of everyday transport as much as you can.
- First bicycles were created in France, but its modern design was born in England.
- Since 1995, the fastest bicycle speed in slipstream was 167.044 mph (268.831 km/h), set by Dutch cyclist and multiple record holder Fred Rompelberg. However his 23-year record has now been beaten by Denise Mueller-Korenek who achieved 183.931 mph (296.009 km/h).