Policeman trying to fill water in air cooler electrocuted in Mancherial

The constable is survived by a wife and three children. Kannepalli Sub-Inspector Raj Kumar visited the residence of Raju and condoled kin of the victim.

By Author  |  Published: 15th May 2019  3:40 pmUpdated: 15th May 2019  11:30 pm

Mancherial: A 55-year-old police head constable was accidentally electrocuted when he came in contact with a power line while filling water in an air-cooler made of iron in Kannepalli police station on Tuesday night.

Kannepalli police said the deceased was Chapide Raju, a head constable of the police station and resident of Thandur town.

Raju died on the spot after he accidentally touched the cooler through which electricity was passing due to some fault. He was on night duty and was alone at the time of the accident. He could have been saved had someone been there in the station. Other policemen were deployed in polling stations for the final phase of MPTC and ZPTC polls.

The constable is survived by wife and three children. He had joined the Police Department in 1980s as a constable.

Kannepalli Sub-Inspector Raj Kumar visited residence of Raju and consoled his family.

 

Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click this link to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.