Scorching heat takes toll on peacock in Jangaon

According to Forest Department officials, they received a call from a farmer from Nakkavanigudem village who told them that he had found a peacock in an unconscious state

By Author  |  Published: 11th May 2019  10:27 pm
Scorching heat
Veterinary team administering saline at an ambulance in Jangaon.

Jangaon: A peacock, that fell unconscious under the scorching summer heat at  Nakkavanigudem village of Bachhnnapet mandal in the district on Saturday found some much-needed friends from among the local Animal Husbandry Department officials who nursed the national bird back to health and released it subsequently.

According to Forest Department officials, they received a call from a farmer from Nakkavanigudem village who told them that he had found a peacock in an unconscious state. Following this, the Forest Department staff rushed to the field and informed the veterinary hospital in Janagaon. They immediately sent an animal ambulance to collect the dehydrated bird.

The veterinary team led by Dr Priyadarshini injected the peacock with some saline and after a while, it recovered sufficiently to be bathed under a tap with fresh water. Once it was pronounced to be in good health, the peacock was taken to the local Forest Range Officer’s office where it will be kept for a day or so before being released into its natural habitat, officials said.

Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click this link to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.