7-year-old electrocuted in gated community on Hyderabad’s outskirts

By Author  |  Published: 12th Feb 2019  4:33 pmUpdated: 12th Feb 2019  10:57 pm

Hyderabad: No one noticed seven-year-old Monish standing in an odd pose near the lamppost, and even after he fell on the ground, few people saw him, i.e., till other children playing in the vicinity raised an alarm.

The tragic end of Monish, a Class Two student of Time School, Bandlaguda, while he was playing in an open space in PEBL City, the gated community where he lived at Peeramcheruvu in Gandipet on the city outskirts, has posed a question on the safety of even lampposts that children seldom think twice before touching.

Narsingi Sub-Inspector KM Raghavendra said the child was running around in a playful manner and had got hold of the pole in an apparent attempt to swing around it. However, he is believed to have suffered an electric shock and was stuck to the pole for a few minutes, before falling unconscious on the ground.

Though there were many people around, it was only after about five minutes that other children noticed him and raised an alarm with the security personnel that people came to know about the incident. “Two doctors living in the same community tried to revive him, but in vain,” Raghavendra said, adding that he was then rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.