Leftovers are very common at any home. But if they aren’t spoilt, why not turn them into something tasty for breakfast? Try this tawa idli by food blogger Nanditha Shyam.
Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 10min
Left over idlis- 4, chopped in 1″ long pieces
Onion- 1, small, chopped fine
Tomato- 2 medium, chopped fine
Capsicum- 1 medium, cubed
Ginger- 1/2″ piece, grated
Oil- 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds or jeera- 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar- 1/2 tsp (optional)
Green chilli- 1, chopped fine
Paprika powder- 1/4tsp
Turmeric- a pinch
Pav bhaji masala- 1/2 to 1 tsp
Coriander leaves to garnish
Lime juice- 1/2tsp to garnish
· Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
· Once it turns brown add the chopped onion and fry till they turn pink.
· Add the green chillies, grated ginger and the chopped capsicum and fry for 2 min
· Add the chopped tomato and fry till the oil separates.
· Add the salt, sugar, turmeric, paprika powder and fry for 2 more mins.
· Stir in the cubed idlies and the pav bhaji masala and fry till the idli pieces are coated with the spice mix.
· Garnish with lemon juice and coriander and serve immediately.