Hyderabad: Pushing Hyderabad yet another step closer to its ultimate status of a global city, the Telangana government on Friday cleared 18 major projects aimed at upgrading its infrastructure to world standards. They included logistic parks, eco parks, intercity bus terminal, a multi-level car parking system, modernization of Musi river in an around the State capital.
The Minister for IT and Industries K T Rama Rao gave the administrative approval for the new projects involving huge investments. He directed the officials of the GHMC, HMDA and the Department of Industries to ensure a kick start for the works under the new projects immediately. The decision was expected to give new impetus to the growth of Hyderabad and its 186 km long Outer Ring Road(ORR) area .
Conducting a review meeting with top officials of the departments concerned, Mr Rao cleared in one go all the 18 proposals. On the construction of Inter-city bus terminal proposed to be constructed in sprawling 55 acre area at Miyapur to cater to the needs of rapidly growing Hyderabad population, the Minister said if the contractor doesn’t come forward to start the works in the stipulated time, the officials should consider second bidders to take up the works.
Here are the projects cleared:
1. Inter-city bus terminal in 55 acres at Miyapur
2. Modernization of Musi river and making it as major tourist destination
3. Multi-level car parking system in 18.5 acres at Musapet
4. Construction of fly over from Fathepur junction (Balanagar) to Narsapoor
5. 120 acres Eco park at Kothwalaguda
6. Commercial complex at Saroornagar and residential layouts in 72 acres at Uppal Bagat.
7. Way side amenities at 19 ORR exchange points
8. Development of Transit oriented growth corridors
9. Hyderabad Habitat center in 14.30 acres involving Rs 150 crore at Ijathnagar
10. Meeting, Incentives, Conference and Exhibition/Event (MICE) factories at Izzatnagar
11. Landscaping at Hussainsagar
12. Residential layouts in 72 acres at Uppal Bhagat
13. Road widening works at Sangareddy town
14. Logistic parks at Batasingaram and Mangalpally
15. Commercial complex at Saroornagar
16. Musi river front development works in 2.2 acres at Uppal lay out
17. Minimum development Obligates
18. Model development growth corridors abutting ORR