Telangana hikes Dearness Allowance by 1.5%

The DA has been revised from 24.104 per cent of the basic pay to 25.676 per cent.

By Author  |  Published: 17th May 2018  9:26 pmUpdated: 18th May 2018  1:15 am
KCR
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao.

Hyderabad:The Telangana government issued an order on Thursday hiking the Dearness Allowance (DA) of its employees by 1.572 per cent.

As assured by Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao during his talks with the representatives of employees’ unions on Wednesday, the government cleared one of the two DAs pending for the employees. The hike will have an additional burden of Rs 350 crore on the State exchequer. The revision in DA will come into effect from July 1, 2017.

The DA has been revised from 24.104 per cent of the basic pay to 25.676 per cent. It will also be applicable to employees of Zilla Parishads, Mandal Parishads, Gram Panchayats, Municipalities, Municipal Corporations, Agricultural Market Committees and Zilla Grandhalaya Samasthas, Work Charged Establishment, teaching and non-teaching staff of aided institutions, including aided polytechnics, and teaching and non-teaching staff of universities, including Professor K Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.

The government also ordered revision of DA in respect of State government employees drawing revised UGC pay scales, 2006, from 136 per cent to 139 per cent of the basic pay. The above rate of DA is also applicable to teaching and non-teaching staff of government and aided-affiliated degree colleges.

The government also ordered revision of DA in respect of Judicial Officers whose pay scales were revised as per the E Padmanabhan Committee Report from 136 per cent to 139 per cent with effect from July 1, 2017. It also ordered revision of DA sanctioned to State government employees in the Revised Pay Scales 2010 from 102.72 per cent of the basic pay to 105.288 per cent of the basic pay.

The government hereby sanctioned an ad-hoc increase of Rs 100 a month in cash to part-time assistants and Village Revenue Assistants. The DA sanctioned will be paid in cash with the salary of May, 2018, payable on June 1, 2018. The arrears on account of payment of DA for the period of July 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 shall be credited to the General Provident Fund Account of the respective employees.

In the case of employees who are due to retire on or before October 31, 2018, the arrears of DA shall be drawn and paid in cash as the employees due to retire on superannuation are exempted from making any subscription to the General Provident Fund during the last four months of service.

In respect of employees who were appointed to government service on or after September 1, 2004, and governed by the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS), 10% of the Dearness Allowance arrears may be claimed in July 2018, and shall be credited to PRAN accounts of the individuals along with the government share as per the existing orders. The remaining 90 per cent of DA arrears shall be paid in cash, with the salary for the month of June 2018, payable on July 1, 2018.

In respect of full-time contingent employees, who are not eligible for GPF accounts, the arrears may be paid in cash, with the salary for the month of June 2018, payable on July 1, 2018. In the event of death of an employee before the issue of these orders, the legal heirs shall be entitled to the DA arrears in cash.