Telangana: Three chew pesticide pellets mistaking them to be ‘sabja’ seeds, turn serious

While playing in the colony, one of the girls reportedly lost a two rupee coin and while searching for it, they stumbled on a packet of pesticide pellets.

By Author  |  Published: 12th Jun 2019  2:02 pmUpdated: 12th Jun 2019  2:20 pm

Suryapet: Three children fell ill after chewing pesticide pellets believing them to be edible ‘sabja’ seeds and were hospitalized after their condition turned worse in Naya Nagar of Kodad Town in the district. Three children – Madamshetti Akshitha (7) Shaik Ashma (6)  and Saik Farhana(9), fell ill after eating the pesticide pellets on Wednesday.

While playing in the colony, one of the girls reportedly lost a two rupee coin and while searching for it, they stumbled on a packet of pesticide pellets. The pellets resembled the locally available ‘Sabja’ seeds and ate them. after missing them with water.

Sometime later, the three girls collapsed, and their parents rushed them to a nearby government hospital. When health condition of Saik Farhana was stated to be critical,the condition of others was stated to be progressing.

Locally available ‘sabja’ seeds are consumed after mixing with water and are believed to be good for health, especially during summers.

Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click this link to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.