Telangana: Two year old boy dies after consuming spiked cold drink

Police booked a case of suspicious death and took up investigations.

By Author  |  Published: 15th Oct 2019  1:32 pmUpdated: 15th Oct 2019  8:47 pm

Mancherial: In a tragic incident, a two-year-old boy died while his seven-year-old sister was admitted to hospital after the two children consumed a soft drink laced with pesticide at Perkapalli village in Bellampalli mandal on Monday night. The incident came to light on Tuesday.

Sources said the deceased was Banoth Shivaram Naik, son of Tirupathi, a farmer from Perkapalli. His daughter Banoth Aishwarya has been hospitalised and her condition is stated to be stable.

Shivaram died while undergoing treatment at a hospital in Karimnagar on Monday evening. He and Aishwarya fell ill after drinking the soft drink brought by their father. They were immediately rushed to a hospital in Mancherial and then to Karimnagar as their condition deteriorated.

It is learnt that Tirupathi found the bottle of soft drink, allegedly left by Lavudya Tulasi Naik, at his field, following some dispute. The children who were also present drank the soft drink and fell unconscious. Only then did Tirupathi realise that the soft drink contained pesticide. He immediately rushed the children to a hospital in Bellampalli before shifting them to Mancherial.
The body of Arun was brought to Perkapalli on Tuesday at 12.30 pm. The incident created a flutter in the district.

Police booked a case against Tulasi, under the Section 174 of CrPC (Suspicious death), and took up investigations. Post-mortem of the body was performed at Bellampalli government hospital.


Now you can get hand picked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click these links to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .