Three kids take ill in Suryapet after having pesticide pellets

They confused the pesticide pellets with local available 'sabja' seeds and consumed it after mixing with water

By Author  |  Published: 12th Jun 2019  6:42 pm

Suryapet: Three children fell ill after chewing pesticide pellets believing them to be edible ‘sabja’ seeds and were hospitalised after their condition worsened in Naya Nagar of Kodad town in the district.

The three children, Madamshetti Akshitha (7), Shaik Ashma (6),  and Shaik Farhana (9), fell ill after eating the pesticide pellets on Wednesday.

One of the girls, while playing in the colony, reportedly lost a Rs 2 coin and while searching for it, stumbled on a packet of pesticide pellets. The pellets resembled the locally available ‘sabja’ seeds and the children had them after mixing them with water.

After sometime, the three girls collapsed, and were rushed to a nearby government hospital. While the condition of Farhana was said to be critical, the condition of others was said to be out of danger.

Locally available ‘sabja’ seeds are soaked in water and consumed since it is believed to be good for health, especially during summers.

Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click this link to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.