Hyderabad: Two children were electrocuted while flying kites in separate incidents in the city on Thursday and Friday.
In the first incident on Thursday evening at Jeedimetla, one M Charith Kumar (12), was flying a kite along with his friends from a neighbouring multi-storied building. While flying the kite, in the process of balancing himself, he accidentally laid his hands on the iron pipes of an electric motor pump and was electrocuted on the spot.
The police suspect that the cables supplying electricity to the motor were damaged, resulting in the incident. The Jeedimetla police are investigating.
In another incident on Friday at Nallavelli village of Yacharam mandal on the city outskirts, K Rakesh (13) was flying a kite from atop his home, during which the kite got stuck in the power supply cables in front of the house. He picked up an iron rod from the terrace and tried to remove the kite with it when he suffered an electric shock and died on the spot. His elder sister Soni, who heard him crying out and rushed to his rescue, was also injured. She was shifted to the hospital, where her condition was stated to be stable.
The Yacharam police are investigating.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.