Woman, daughter electrocuted in Hyderabad

By Author  |  Published: 17th May 2019  11:29 pm

Hyderabad: In a tragic incident, a mother and daughter were electrocuted on the terrace of their house in Saif Colony of Shaheen Nagar on Friday afternoon. The woman’s two other children also suffered minor injuries. They had gone to the terrace to dry clothes, police said.

According to the Balapur police, around 12 noon on Friday, Salma Begum, 45, went to the terrace to dry clothes along with her daughter Sania, 9. When Salma was hanging up the clothes on the clothesline, she accidentally came into contact with a live wire and suffered an electric shock.

“She started shouting for help. Her daughter, who was just a few metres away, rushed to her rescue. She too was electrocuted,” police said. Salma Begum’s two other children, Muskaan (11) and Shamu (7), who were playing on the terrace too suffered minor injuries when they caught Sania. The Balapur police have booked a case. The bodies were shifted to the Osmania General Hospital morgue for autopsy.