Woman dies of burn injuries in Hyderabad

T Meenakshi, 76, a resident of Jubilee Hills was lighting a lamp as part of pooja at her house on November 13 when her saree caught fire

By Author  |  Published: 20th Nov 2019  8:02 pm

Hyderabad: A septuagenarian who sustained burns while lighting a lamp at her house in Jubilee Hills a week ago, died while undergoing treatment early on Wednesday.

T Meenakshi, 76, a resident of Jubilee Hills was lighting a lamp as part of pooja at her house on November 13 when her saree caught fire. The family members immediately doused the flames and rushed her to a private hospital, the police said.

On Wednesday, she died while undergoing treatment. A case was registered by the Jubilee Hills police who shifted the body to Osmania General Hospital for post-mortem examination. The body was later handed over to the family members.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click these links to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.