Woman’s throat slit, bleeds to death in Hyderabad resort

According to the Shankarpally police, the incident came to light on Friday morning after the resort’s security staff alerted the police.

By   |  Published: 11th May 2018  10:43 amUpdated: 12th May 2018  12:56 am
Representational Image

Hyderabad: A five-year-long relationship, from which she was reportedly trying to back out, ended fatally for 21-year-old P Sirisha after her boyfriend slit her throat and left her to bleed to death in a private resort here on Thursday.

The chilling murder came to light after security staff at Pragati Resorts in Shankarpally noticed the woman’s body in a double-bedroom cottage, which the suspect, R Sai Prasad, had booked via a mobile app using the victim’s cellphone.

According to the Shankarpally police, Sirisha, a resident of Kummariguda in Kothur of Ranga Reddy, completed her B.Com and was preparing for bank exams at a private institute in Dilsukhnagar. Prasad, a resident of Timmapur, also in Kothur, had met Sirisha in 2011 while doing their Intermediate in the same college near Kothur. They were reportedly in a relationship for the last five years.

Shamshabad Deputy Commissioner of Police PV Padmaja said the relationship, however, had begun to turn sour over the last five months with Sirisha reportedly avoiding Prasad, who was persuading her to marry him.

Prasad had completed a diploma course in engineering and was searching for jobs. He was in contact with her and used to frequently meet her at the institute in Dilsukhnagar, the DCP said, adding that on Thursday, Sirisha after finishing her classes had gone to Pragati Resorts along with Prasad.

They reached the resort around 1 pm and checked in, providing their identity proofs.
“He took the girl to a private resort to resolve the issues between them,” she said.

It is believed Sirisha stuck to her refusal to marry him, and the discussion turned violent with Prasad hitting her. When she went into the washroom, he barged in and attacked her with a knife, which he had bought from a store in Kothur three days ago.

“He slit her throat and left the premises. She died of continuous bleeding,” Padmaja said, adding that he had put the knife in the victim’s handbag before leaving the premises. Based on a complaint lodged by the victim’s father, P Eshwar, police booked a murder case and deployed four special teams to track down Prasad, who was finally nabbed from Balaji Crossroads near Shankarpally on Friday morning.

He was sent to remand and further investigation is on. Meanwhile, Sirisha’s body was handed over to relatives after autopsy at the Chevella Government Hospital.