Youngster electrocuted during Ganesh idol immersion in Bhainsa

The young laborer was here to attend the immersion. He had migrated to Mumbai in search of livelihood.

By Author  |  Published: 11th Sep 2019  2:10 pmUpdated: 11th Sep 2019  2:18 pm

Nirmal: A youngster was electrocuted when he accidentally touched a live wire when he was taking part in immersion of Ganesh idols in Bhainsa town on Wednesday early morning.

Bhainsa Circle Inspector V Srinivas said that the man was identified as P Shankar, 23-year-old native of the town and a migrant labor.

Shankar died on the spot when he came into contact with high-tension wires when he was attempting to avoid the wires that were about to touch an idol, which was being immersed during Shobhayatra. The incident took place before the vehicle, carrying the idol, nearing the spot of immersion.

The young laborer was here to attend the immersion. He had migrated to Mumbai in search of livelihood.

Based on a complaint from the mother of the victim, a case was registered. Investigations were initiated into the incident.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on WhatsApp / Telegram everyday. Click these links to subscribe and save this number 9182563636 on your contacts.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter