Too Little SBI chairman being paid peanuts compared to peers
Former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan had flagged the low remuneration issue last August saying it makes difficult for State-owned banks to "attract top talent, especially a lateral entry".
Cellular operators’ body calls for rate cut; observes industry should invest more on R&D.
The universal basic income seems to be having a moment. The concept might sound far-fetched, but UBI has gained an appeal and an allure and is currently one of the most hotly debated policy theme to address income inequality, poverty, disruptions and life changing events like economic depression etc
Hyderabad: For a decade now, The Chocolate Room has been offering chocolate-based products. What started as a single store at Ahemdabad in 2007, the Chocolate Room now has grown to 235 stores to have a pan India presence . Now, the company has set a target to have 500 cafes in three years.For this, it will take the tested franchise route as wel
"The company's overall plan is to expand its footprint in diverse markets in the country and help printing businesses switch to digital industrial printing to enhance the business output," Kuldeep Malhotra, Vice President (Sales, Sales Planning and Communication), Konica Minolta Business Solution India, said
New York: With an aim to empower its creator community, Facebook has announced that it is planning to launch a new app just for them later this year. The essentially a video creation app will be made just for its star broadcasters, who are also the same folks who are deemed worthy enough to use Facebook Mentions - an app only available to verified
New Delhi: Clearing the air on real estate developers issuing advertisements, the government has said no ongoing or future projects can be advertised without registering them first with the new regulator.The clarification is likely to further dampen the already subdued real estate market that has seen no real appreciation in value of property o
Hyderabad: Mobile manufacturers are asking the retailers to flush out the stocks. Currently, VAT in northern states is 14 per cent and in some south Indian States it is 5 per cent making the average tax at 9.5 per cent now. Then there is 2.4 per cent excise duty, taking the total incidence to 11.9 per cent. In the GST regime, the tax will be 12 per
Hyderabad: Trent Hypermarket Pvt. Ltd., a joint venture between TATA and TESCO has launched its first hypermarket store at Gachibowli, Hyderabad.Star Hyper, a modern retail outlet spread over 22,000 square ft., offers customers a wide range of fresh fruit & vegetables, groceries, household supplies, apparel & more. The store will also h
Hyderabad: With an aim of putting Indian startups on the global landscape, Hyderabad-based T-Hub is working with potential investors, clients and enterprises through three international conferences –Get in the Ring (GITR), CUBE Tech Fair (Berlin, Germany) and TiEcon (California, US).The GITR which was organised earlier this year saw T-Hub inc
Hyderabad: Chennai-based home-ware company, Vaya Life, which unveiled its new variant of the Vaya Tyffyn - Gold, available in 1000 ml capacity with three containers, priced at Rs 3,800 (with BagMat) and Rs 3,000 (without BagMat) in Hyderabad, is looking at widening its product range foraying into personal care products and drink-ware (bottles and t
“In a properly automated and educated world, then, machines may prove to be the true humanizing influence. It may be that machines will do the work that makes life possible and that human beings will do all the other things that make life pleasant and worthwhile ” - Isaac Asimov, Robot VisionsThis might sound like a utopian dream for most o
New Delhi: The Finance Ministry has asked the Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) Ministry to sensitise States and the real estate regulator to hold consultations with developers to pass on benefits of GST to home buyers.The tax department and States have received complaints that those who have booked flats and made part payment are be
One time or the other, all homeowners find themselves facing storage issues. If your living quarters are compact, storage is the number one problem. The obvious solution to this predicament is shelves, which might sound like an unexciting addition to your living space, but who says your shelves have to be unattractive and boring?Shabby chic she