-
"Then I sort of eased my way into it. For me, I think the biggest thing is just having fun and it's the first day having the crowd in a while ... it's always an honour to play her. I just didn't want to go out like really bad, so I just wanted to try my best."
-
Kenin bowed out of the Australian Open in the second round after suffering a defeat against Kaia Kanepi 3-6, 2-6.
-
Medvedev beat the seventh seed Rublev 7-5, 6-3, 6-2 and will now face either world No.5 Stefanos Tsitsipas or 20-time Grand Slam champion Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals.
-
Barty lost the match 1-6, 6-3, 6-2 as Muchova continued taking down higher ranked opponents. She had earlier beaten her compatriot and world No.1 6 Karolina Pliskova before beating 18th ranked Elise Mertens of Belgium in the fourth round.
-
Nadal, the 2009 champion, registered a 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 win over the Italian No. 16 seed in two hours and 16 minutes at the Rod Laver Arena.
-
The 39-year-old defeated Belarus' Aryna Sabalenka 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 at the Rod Laver Arena, and as a result, she remains in a chance of winning yet another Grand Slam.
-
Osaka defeated Spain's Garbine Muguruza 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 in the fourth round at the Rod Laver Arena to make it to the quarterfinals.
-
The Australian Open tennis tournament will be allowed to continue but without spectators.
-
"I came out a little bit not (out) of the starting blocks like I would have wanted to and like I have been since I've been playing here, but you know it's about surviving and playing better every round," Williams said after the match.
-
We are notifying ticket holders, players and staff that there will be no fans onsite at the AO for five days, commencing from Saturday 13 February.
-
Kanepi beat World No.4 6-3 6-2 in a match that lasted just 64 minutes to cause what has been the biggest shock of the women's tournament so far.
-
The first set saw a fight from the German after that it was just a one-way affair. World No. 3 Thiem showed his class and outplayed Koepfer in the second set to win it without losing a single point.
-
Williams outclassed Serbia's Nina Stojanovic 6-3, 6-0 in the second round and she wrapped up an easy straight-sets victory.
-
He said it is important for a player to remain focused. “Once the tournament starts, a player has to come out of the comfort zone before getting into the playing mood.’’
-
Vishnu Vardhan said for the next two months there will be plenty of tennis in Australia.
-
Following an under-strength India's historic Test win in Australia, a report in 'Sydney Morning Herald' said that some national players are not happy with Langer's intense "micro-management" coaching style.
-
The No. 2-ranked Nadal posted a statement on Twitter before his scheduled match against Australia's Alex de Minaur on Tuesday saying he had a stiff lower back and "hopefully I'll be better for Thursday."
-
Williams has been stalled on 23 major singles titles since the 2017 Australian Open, when she was two months' pregnant with now-three-year-old daughter Olympia and when she beat her sister Venus in the final.
-
More than 1,000 players and officials went into a two-week quarantine from January 14 when the first of 17 flights chartered by Tennis Australia landed in Melbourne and Adelaide.
-
The Australia squad is slated to leave for New Zealand on February 7 while the South Africa tour "remains subject to satisfactory bio-security arrangements".