Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | 17 Killed In Nagpur Factory Blast Pm Announces Rs 2 Lakh Ex Gratia For Kin

17 killed in Nagpur factory blast; PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex gratia for kin

A massive blast at SBL Energy Limited explosives factory in Nagpur, Maharashtra, killed 17 and injured 18. PMO announced ex-gratia relief, while rescue operations continue. Authorities, including NDRF and PESO teams, are investigating the cause of the tragedy

By IANS
Published Date - 1 March 2026, 12:41 PM
17 killed in Nagpur factory blast; PM announces Rs 2 lakh ex gratia for kin
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: At least 17 persons were killed in a massive blast at an explosives factory in Maharashtra’s Nagpur district on Sunday, police said. The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) expressed grief over the tragedy and announced financial assistance for the victims.

In a post on X, the PMO said, “The explosion at a factory in Nagpur, Maharashtra, is deeply distressing. My condolences to the families of the deceased. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured. The local administration is assisting those affected.


An ex-gratia of Rs. 2 lakh from PMNRF would be given to the next of kin of each deceased. The injured would be given Rs. 50,000: PM.”

The blast occurred at the SBL Energy Limited factory, a mining and industrial explosives manufacturer, located at Raulgaon in Katol tehsil of Nagpur district. The impact of the explosion was severe, causing significant casualties and injuries.

The injured were immediately shifted to hospitals in Nagpur for treatment, police officials said.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis termed the incident “extremely unfortunate and tragic”. In a post on X, he said, “The incident of the explosion at an explosives factory in Raulgaon in Nagpur district is extremely unfortunate and tragic. I am in constant contact with the local administration. The District Collector and Superintendent of Police have reached the incident site immediately. NDRF and SDRF teams are also at the site. Teams from PESO and DISH have arrived. Rescue operations have been accelerated, and so far, 17 people have lost their lives. I pay heartfelt tribute to the deceased. We share in the grief of their families.”

“In this incident, 18 people have been injured. The injured have been promptly shifted to Nagpur. I pray at the feet of God for their swift recovery. Orders have been issued for a thorough investigation into this incident,” he added.

Rescue and relief operations are ongoing at the site, with emergency response teams working to clear debris and assess the cause of the blast. Authorities have initiated a detailed probe to determine the circumstances leading to the explosion.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Explosives factory
  • Maharashtra
  • mining explosives
  • Nagpur blast

Related News

  • Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

    Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

  • Maharashtra tribal school faces ‘haunting’ rumours after girls behave strangely

    Maharashtra tribal school faces ‘haunting’ rumours after girls behave strangely

  • Mumbai police bust illegal hydroponic cannabis lab allegedly set up using YouTube tutorials

    Mumbai police bust illegal hydroponic cannabis lab allegedly set up using YouTube tutorials

  • Maharashtra is nation’s primary growth engine: CM Fadnavis

    Maharashtra is nation’s primary growth engine: CM Fadnavis

Latest News

  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    5 minutes ago
  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    14 minutes ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    16 minutes ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    39 minutes ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    40 minutes ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    43 minutes ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    49 minutes ago
  • Chhattisgarh: Minor raped by father; fake papers used to facilitate delivery, sell her baby; 8 held

    51 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam