Medak: A 9-year-old girl was burnt alive when her house was gutted in a fire accident at Gollagudem village of Tekmal Mandal in Medak district in the intervening hours of Sunday and Monday. The victim was identified as Yellampally Bhavni, daughter of Siddi Ramulu.
According to locals, Siddi Ramulu and his wife left their home for their agriculture field to guard the harvested crop on Sunday night, leaving Bhavani and their son at home.
The house was engulfed in fire at 11.30 pm, but the boy managed to escape from the house, Bhavani was burnt alive. Meanwhile, Siddi Ramulu, who got to know about the incident over phone, rushed to his house and made a futile bid to rescue his daughter.
Ramulu also sustained serious burn injuries. He was taken to a hospital. While the kin of the Ramulu suspect the hand of some rivals, some others said that a short circuit may have resulted in the incident. Tekmal police registered a case and investigation is on.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.