Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Football | Achraf Hakimi Rape Trial Confirmed As French Court Rejects Appeal

Achraf Hakimi rape trial confirmed as French court rejects appeal

A French appeals court has rejected Moroccan football star Achraf Hakimi's bid to dismiss a rape case. The PSG defender, currently playing at the 2026 World Cup, denied the charges on social media, claiming his fame made him a target

By IANS
Published Date - 19 June 2026, 03:16 PM
Achraf Hakimi rape trial confirmed as French court rejects appeal
Achraf Hakimi (Photo:IANS)
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: After the court rejected Moroccan football star appeal for an injunction for prosecution and confirmed he will stand trial on accusations of rape, the PSG defender denied such charges, saying, “If he wasn’t famous, there never would have been a case” and it feels like he has become “an easy target.”

In February 2023, a woman then aged 24 told police in the Val-de-Marne region southeast of Paris that she met Hakimi in January 2023 on Instagram and went to his home in a taxi ordered by the player and claimed that the player touched her without her consent and then raped her.


In 2025, prosecutors requested that Hakimi stand trial. It was a decision confirmed in February. Hakimi appealed, but it has now been confirmed that the appeal has been unsuccessful. The trial is set to take place in the coming months.

In 2025, prosecutors asked for Paris Saint-Germain football player Achraf Hakimi to go to trial over rape allegations. A court officially approved that request in February. Hakimi tried to appeal the decision to stop the trial, but his appeal was just rejected. The trial is officially moving forward and will take place in the next few months.

Reacting to the court’s decision, Hakimi also reacted via a social media post, and wrote that he had been “waiting for this trial since day one.”

“Justice looked me in the eyes and said to me, if you weren’t famous, there never would have been a case. I chose to remain silent for years. I thought that staying dignified, being patient, and trusting the justice system would allow the right decisions to be made.

“Today, a story that is not mine is being told at the expense of my family, my life, and above all, the truth. Sometimes I feel like I’ve become an easy target. I’ve been waiting for this trial since day one. And now I’m looking forward to it. Finally, I will be able to speak,” he posted on X.

Hakimi is currently competing with the Morocco national team at the FIFA World Cup 2026.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Achraf Hakimi
  • FIFA World Cup 2026
  • French court
  • Morocco Football

Related News

  • Cristiano Ronaldo says this is probably his last year in football

    Cristiano Ronaldo says this is probably his last year in football

  • Key takeaways from 2026 World Cup: Spain’s triumph, 48-team drama, and tech controversies

    Key takeaways from 2026 World Cup: Spain’s triumph, 48-team drama, and tech controversies

  • FIFA WC 2026: Amitabh Bachchan consoles Lionel Messi after Argentina’s final defeat to Spain

    FIFA WC 2026: Amitabh Bachchan consoles Lionel Messi after Argentina’s final defeat to Spain

  • Mbappe becomes first player to win Golden Boot twice

    Mbappe becomes first player to win Golden Boot twice

Latest News

  • TGSRTC launches new electric AC bus service from Pragathi Nagar to Waverock

    2 minutes ago
  • Knight Chess Academy to host Independence Day Chess Cup 2026

    5 minutes ago
  • Four UTT National Ranking TT titles decided in Kanpur

    8 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad sees seasonal surge in viral fevers, flu-like illnesses amid wet weather

    12 minutes ago
  • Mohan Bhagwat inaugurates RSS coordination meeting in Visakhapatnam

    12 minutes ago
  • Tamil Nadu MLAs to get government vehicles, Rs one lakh allowance

    15 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad drug case: Three alleged peddlers arrested, 16 consumers detained

    17 minutes ago
  • Supreme Court seeks steps taken to reform NTA

    19 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam