Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Tennis | Alcaraz Crashes Out In Third Round After Losing To Korda At Miami Open

Alcaraz crashes out in third round after losing to Korda at Miami Open

Carlos Alcaraz crashed out of the Miami Open after a three-set loss to Sebastian Korda in the third round. Korda advanced to the next stage, while top players like Sabalenka and Rybakina registered comfortable wins

By AP
Published Date - 24 March 2026, 12:20 AM
Alcaraz crashes out in third round after losing to Korda at Miami Open
Korda celebrating his win against Alcaraz at Miami Open.
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Miami Gardens: Carlos Alcaraz was eliminated in the third round of the Miami Open on Sunday, losing to Sebastian Korda in three sets.

The 22-year-old Alcaraz, who completed the career Grand Slam when he won the Australian Open in January, dropped to 17-2 this season. The No. 1 player in the men’s rankings also lost to Daniil Medvedev in the semifinals at Indian Wells last weekend.


Korda served for the match at 5-4 in the second, but Alcaraz rallied by winning five consecutive games. The 25-year-old Korda then regrouped and closed out a 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 victory in two hours, 19 minutes.

“It was a tough match, obviously,” Alcaraz said. “I think (Korda) was incredible today. Played such a great game. A lot of tied moments that I just didn’t make the most of it, and I think he was better on (those) points and (those) moments.”

At No. 36, Korda became the lowest-ranked man to beat Alcaraz since No. 55 David Goffin accomplished the feat in the second round in Miami last year, according to the ATP Tour.

“A lot of tense moments, for sure,” Korda said. “But you know I think today, the ultimate thing was belief. Going back to just believing, committing into every shot, and luckily I got it done at the end.” Next up for Korda is qualifier Martin Landaluce, who advanced with a 6-3, 7-6 (2) win against 14th-seeded Karen Khachanov.

Americans Taylor Fritz and Tommy Paul joined Korda in the fourth round. The sixth-seeded Fritz beat Reilly Opelka 6-3, 6-4, and No. 22 seed Paul eliminated Raphael Collignon with a 6-2, 3-6, 7-6 (5) victory.

No. 21 Jiri Lehecka, No. 24 Valentin Vacherot and No. 29 Tomas Martin Etcheverry also were among the winners.

On the women’s side, top-seeded Aryna Sabalenka cruised to a 6-4, 6-2 win against Catherine McNally. No. 3 Elena Rybakina beat No. 27 Marta Kostyuk 6-3, 6-4, and No. 5 Jessica Pegula posted a 6-2, 6-2 win over No. 26 Leylah Fernandez.

No. 7 Jasmine Paolini, No. 9 Elina Svitolina, No. 11 Ekaterina Alexandrova, No. 15 Madison Keys and No. 18 Iva Jovic were eliminated. Paolini lost to No. 25 Jelena Ostapenko in three sets, and Svitolina was knocked out by Hailey Baptiste in straight sets.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Carlos Alcaraz
  • Miami Open
  • Sebastian Korda

Related News

  • Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from Cincinnati Open with wrist injury

    Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from Cincinnati Open with wrist injury

  • Shubman Gill names Roger Federer as his favourite tennis player

    Shubman Gill names Roger Federer as his favourite tennis player

  • Wimbledon draw: Serena Williams to learn her first-round opponent in a comeback at age 44

    Wimbledon draw: Serena Williams to learn her first-round opponent in a comeback at age 44

  • Sinner is so dominant; it’s hard to see anybody who has the belief to beat him says Devvarman

    Sinner is so dominant; it’s hard to see anybody who has the belief to beat him says Devvarman

Latest News

  • Five cobras rescued in Hyderabad during Naga Panchami

    13 seconds ago
  • Farmers pushed to their limits in for irrigation water in Khammam

    15 minutes ago
  • Eight AP fishermen missing at sea since August 3, search operation underway

    16 minutes ago
  • KTR condemns removal of Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue, calls it barbaric

    21 minutes ago
  • Satyendar Jain arrested at BJP’s behest, case will be proved fake: Kejriwal

    27 minutes ago
  • Telangana Employees Plan Protests on August 27, Mahadharna on September 10

    36 minutes ago
  • Former Delhi minister Satyendar Jain, ex-DJB CEO among six arrested in alleged tender scam

    40 minutes ago
  • Farmers stages protest over unscheduled power cuts in Jogipet

    50 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam