Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | At Nato Summit Trump Says He Tops Irans Kill List

At NATO summit, Trump says he tops Iran’s ‘kill list’

At the NATO summit in Ankara, US President Donald Trump claimed he is Iran’s top assassination target but insisted the threats would not affect his decisions. He stressed that safeguarding America and preventing Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons outweighed personal risks, dismissing speculation that security concerns influenced his travel plans.

By IANS
Published Date - 9 July 2026, 12:15 AM
At NATO summit, Trump says he tops Iran’s ‘kill list’
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Ankara: US President Donald Trump on Wednesday claimed that he remains Iran’s primary assassination target but insisted the threat would not alter his decisions, saying protecting the United States and preventing Tehran from acquiring a nuclear weapon outweighed the personal risks of holding office. 

Speaking at a press conference after the NATO summit in Ankara, Trump acknowledged repeated threats against him while dismissing speculation that security concerns had influenced his travel plans.


“I’m number one on the kill list for Iran,” Trump said.

“I’m number one, so I don’t know… but I don’t really care because I’m doing my job.”

The President made the remarks after being asked whether he was returning to Washington on a different aircraft because of possible Iranian threats.

Trump rejected the suggestion, saying the new presidential aircraft was instead flying to US military bases in Europe so that service personnel could see it.

“It’s flying to Europe to one of the big bases… so the soldiers can see it because it’s truly magnificent,” he said.

He nevertheless acknowledged the dangers associated with the presidency.

“The life of a President is very dangerous.”

“You should have told me that years ago. Maybe I wouldn’t have run.”

“It’s a very dangerous profession.”

Earlier in the day, during a meeting with NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte, Trump also referred to alleged Iranian threats against him.

“They wanna take out the US leader, me.”

“I’m on every list.”

“I saw a thing this morning. I’m on every single one of their lists.”

“So far, I guess I’ve been a little bit lucky.”

At the afternoon press conference, Trump returned to the subject while defending his administration’s Iran policy.

“I’m doing what’s right for the country.”

“I’m doing what’s right for the world.”

“They have to be stopped.”

He linked the alleged threats directly to his decision to order military action against Iran’s nuclear and military infrastructure.

“They’re scum.”

“That’s the way they act and that’s the way they’ve done it for 47 years.”

Asked whether concerns about possible Iranian retaliation had influenced his movements, Trump said they had not.

“I mention it only because it’s on the list.”

“It came out… there was another list came out yesterday.”

“I like being number one on TikTok better, but I’m number one on the list for… killing.”

Throughout the summit, Trump repeatedly argued that preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon justified the risks associated with confronting Tehran.

“They will never have a nuclear weapon,” he said, describing that objective as the central purpose of recent US military operations.

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Donald Trump
  • Iran's assassination target
  • Iranian threat
  • NATO summit

Related News

  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

  • Trump orders halt to Iran talks: Report

    Trump orders halt to Iran talks: Report

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

    Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

Latest News

  • Naidu alleges irregularities in APPSC Group-1 exams under YSRCP regime

    56 minutes ago
  • Hyundai Motor India to hike vehicle prices by up to 1 pc from September

    1 hour ago
  • Congress to launch grassroots campaign on paper leaks, ‘chanda chori’

    1 hour ago
  • Pakistan protests US envoy’s remarks on Jammu and Kashmir

    1 hour ago
  • IndiGo website hit by technical snag, flyers face booking issues

    2 hours ago
  • Gujarat: Four dead, 18 hospitalised in Bhavnagar hooch tragedy

    2 hours ago
  • Amit Shah to chair Southern Zonal Council meet in TN

    2 hours ago
  • Editorial: Indian Railways—basic amenities off track

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam