Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Bmw Case Sena Leaders Son Admits He Was Driving Car At Time Of Crash

BMW case: Sena leader’s son admits he was driving car at time of crash

However, officials say Mihir Shah, who was arrested from Thane district, is not cooperating in the investigation

By PTI
Updated On - 11 July 2024, 09:26 AM
BMW case: Sena leader’s son admits he was driving car at time of crash
Mihir Shah, the prime accused in the Mumbai BMW hit-and-run case
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Mumbai: Mihir Shah, the prime accused in the Mumbai BMW hit-and-run case, told the police he was driving the car at the time of the crash which killed a woman and injured her husband, officials said citing the probe carried out so far.

After crashing into the couple’s scooter in the early hours of Sunday, Shah was very much aware that the woman was stuck in one of the tyres of the luxury car, but still he drove recklessly and did not stop though motorists passing by frantically signalled and shouted, asking him to halt, an official said on Wednesday.

Also Read

  • Mumbai BMW crash: Suspect Mihir Shah, son of ruling Shiv Sena leader arrested
  • BMW crash case: Maharashtra CM Eknath Shinde sacks accused’s father as Shiv Sena deputy leader

To conceal his identity, Shah shaved his beard and trimmed his hair, the official said, adding they were trying to find out if anyone helped him in changing his appearance.

The 24-year-old accused, who is in police custody till July 16, claimed he possesses a driving licence, but the document was yet to be recovered, he said. So far, the statements of 14 persons, including Mihir Shah’s mother, sisters and friends, have been recorded, the official said.

The police are likely to visit the crash spot in Worli area of south-central Mumbai and re-construct the entire crime scene as part of their investigation, he said. Mihir Shah’s father Rajesh Shah, a Shiv Sena politician from adjoining Palghar district, is also an accused in the case and currently out on bail.

Police arrested Mihir Shah on Tuesday from neighbouring Thane district, two days after he allegedly rammed his BMW car into a two-wheeler, killing Kaveri Nakhwa (45), who was riding pillion, and injuring her husband Pradeep. The horrific accident was captured in CCTV cameras of the police installed at Mela Junction and Bindu Madhav Thackeray Chowk in Worli.

Mihir Shah is not cooperating in the investigation, as per the official. The police have booked him for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, among other charges. After the accident, the prime accused, his family members, who stay in Mumbai’s Borivali area, and his grandfather, who resides in Palghar, left their respective homes and remained untraceable.

The police will bring Rajrishi Bidawat, the family chauffeur, and Mihir Shah face to face to get more information about the crash and to know the entire sequence of events, the official said. Bidawat, who was accompanying Mihir Shah at the time of the crash, is also an accused in the case.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • BMW
  • BMW case
  • Hit and Run
  • Mihir Shah

Related News

  • Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

    Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

  • Indian Navy sailor, family found dead in Navy Nagar home; probe underway

    Indian Navy sailor, family found dead in Navy Nagar home; probe underway

  • Nifty, Sensex post weekly losses amid crude price rise and global uncertainty

    Nifty, Sensex post weekly losses amid crude price rise and global uncertainty

  • Fadnavis’s response on closure of 36,000 companies a verbal jugglery: NCP (SP)

    Fadnavis’s response on closure of 36,000 companies a verbal jugglery: NCP (SP)

Latest News

  • Apoorva Makhija moves to New York, says she no longer lives in India

    10 minutes ago
  • FBI data record 189 anti-Sikh, 32 anti-Hindu hate crime offences in US in 2025

    41 minutes ago
  • Indian-American educator Pia Dandiya wins Democratic primary in Florida congressional district

    1 hour ago
  • Phyllida Law, mother of Emma Thompson, dies at 94

    1 hour ago
  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    9 hours ago
  • Labourer arrested for allegedly harassing two MBBS interns in Haryana college

    9 hours ago
  • Opinion: Break the chain of online child sexual exploitation

    9 hours ago
  • Editorial: Caste census exercise gets tricky

    9 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam