Hyderabad: In view of the Bonalu festival at the Ujjaini Mahankali Temple in Secunderabad on Sunday and Monday, the Hyderabad Traffic Police have placed certain traffic restrictions in the surroundings of the temple.
On July 25, from 4 am till the conclusion of the pooja: The road leading to Mahankali Temple from Tobacco Bazaar Hill Street and General Bazar will be closed for all vehicular traffic.Subhash Road starting from Bata X Roads up to Ramgopalpet police station too will be closed.Likewise, the road leading to Mahankali Temple from Adavaiah X Roads and road leading to temple from General Bazaar will be closed for all vehicular traffic.
1. i) Ranigunj X roads: Traffic and RTC buses coming from Karbala Maidan will be diverted at Ranigunj X Roads towards Minister Road – Rasoolpura X roads – CTO – SBH X Roads – YMCA X Roads – St. John’s Rotary – Gopalapuram Lane – Railway Station.
Note: RTC Buses returning from Railway Station towards Tank Bund will pass through Alpha Hotel X Road – Gandhi Hospital X Roads- Sajjanlal Street – Ghasmandi – Bible house –Karbala Maidan. RTC Buses returning from Railway Station towards Tadban and Begumpet will pass through Clock Tower – Patny X Roads-YMCA X Road – SBH X Roads.
2. Ghasmandi X roads: Traffic from Bible House will be diverted at Ghasmandi X Roads towards Sajjanlal Street and Hill street.
3. Patny X Roads:
(a) Traffic from SBH x roads towards R.P Road will be diverted at Patny X roads towards Clock Tower and Paradise. (b) Traffic from Paradise towards R.P Road will be diverted at Patny X Roads towards SBH or Clock Tower. (c) Traffic from Clock Tower towards R.P Road will be diverted at Patny x roads towards SBH X Roads and Paradise.
4. Paradise X Roads: Traffic from CTO Junction towards M.G.Road will be diverted at Paradise X Roads towards HDFC Bank – Sindhi Colony –Minister Road – Ranigunj X roads –Karbala Maidan. Traffic from Patny X Roads will be diverted at Paradise X roads towards CTO Junction.
On July 26, from 2pm to 10 pm, the road from Secunderabad Railway Station towards St.Mary’s Road will be closed for all vehicular traffic.
2. All buses proceeding towards Secunderabad Railway Station from Hakimpet, Bowenpally, Balanagar and Ameerpet will be terminated at Clock Tower and they will return to their destinations on the same route via Patny and SBH X Road.
1. Vehicles from St. John’s Rotary, Sweekar Upkaar, SBH side shall park their vehicles at Hari Hara Kala Bhavan or Mahboobia College.
2. Vehicles from Karbla Maidan, Bible House, Ghansmandi shall park their vehicles in Islamia High School
3. Vehicles from Ranigunj and Audaiah X Roads shall park their vehicles in Govt. Audaiah Memorial High School, Audaiah X Roads, Ranigunj, Secunderabad.
4. Vehicles from Subhash Road shall park their vehicles at Old Jail khana open place and vehicles from Manju Theater shall park their vehicles at Anjali Theater lane.