Saturday, May 23, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Telangana | Brs Demands Rollback Of Goms 7 Over Fee Reimbursement Change

BRS demands rollback of GOMs 7 over fee reimbursement change

The BRS has demanded withdrawal of GOMs 7, opposing direct transfer of fee reimbursement to students’ accounts. T Jeevan Reddy said the move would burden students and criticised the Congress government over unfulfilled promises and policy changes affecting welfare schemes

By Telangana Today
Published Date - 2 May 2026, 07:06 PM
BRS demands rollback of GOMs 7 over fee reimbursement change
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Hyderabad: The Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) has demanded that the Congress government withdraw GOMs 7, charging that the order would impose a financial burden on students and their families. The government recently issued the order stating that, from the 2026–27 academic year, fee reimbursement funds will be credited directly into students’ bank accounts. At present, the funds are paid directly to colleges.

BRS General Secretary T Jeevan Reddy said the new system would create hardship for students who lack the means to pay fees upfront.


Addressing the media on Saturday, he questioned the practicality of the move and termed it unjust. He demanded that the government withdraw the order and restore the earlier system of direct payments to colleges. He said the previous BRS government had implemented the scheme effectively even after the formation of Telangana.

Reddy alleged that the Congress had promised to strengthen the scheme in its manifesto but had instead put students at risk. He said many students were already facing distress due to pending reimbursements, with some colleges withholding certificates. He noted that college managements had approached courts over unpaid dues, and courts had allowed them to recover fees from students’ parents.

Referring to Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy, he said the government should continue the scheme as it was introduced by former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, regardless of political differences with BRS president K Chandrashekar Rao.

Reddy also criticised the government’s performance in other sectors. The Chief Minister evaded the ‘Rythu Bharosa’ scheme for two consecutive instalments and failed to fulfil his promise of waiving farm loans up to Rs 2 lakh, he pointed out. He further alleged that the promised job calendar had been diluted. According to him, the government reduced its initial promise of two lakh jobs to 60,000 and ultimately delivered only about 17,000.

Revanth Reddy had brought Congress MP Rahul Gandhi to Warangal specifically to announce the ‘Farmers’ Declaration’. Similarly, he brought him to Ashok Nagar to announce the ‘Job Calendar’, the BRS General Secretary reminded and asked, “Will Rahul Gandhi visit Ashok Nagar now?”

Expressing confidence, Reddy said the BRS would return to power and that K Chandrashekar Rao would once again become Chief Minister. The Congress could face a setback similar to its defeat in the 1994 elections, he added.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Ashok Nagar
  • Bharat Rashtra Samithi
  • Congress
  • Farmers' Declaration

Related News

  • Congress questions Centre after Rubio announces Venezuela President’s India visit

    Congress questions Centre after Rubio announces Venezuela President’s India visit

  • BRS leaders defend Harish Rao’s remarks on Future City project

    BRS leaders defend Harish Rao’s remarks on Future City project

  • NDA likely to lose one Rajya Sabha seat as opposition gains ground

    NDA likely to lose one Rajya Sabha seat as opposition gains ground

  • Assam Governor unveils new government’s 5-yr vision amid opposition walkout

    Assam Governor unveils new government’s 5-yr vision amid opposition walkout

Latest News

  • Tulsi Gabbard steps down as US Intelligence chief

    6 hours ago
  • Maintain peace and do not get anxious, Mahesh Kumar Goud appeals to Congress party cadre

    7 hours ago
  • Priest father-son duo die by suicide in Jangaon

    7 hours ago
  • Twisha Sharma case: Husband surrenders, Madhya Pradesh HC orders second autopsy

    7 hours ago
  • Pulwama mastermind’s father says son ‘got what he deserved’

    7 hours ago
  • Sexual harassment case: NCW directs separate PoSH committees across TCS offices

    7 hours ago
  • Tesla to open sales and service centre in Hyderabad

    7 hours ago
  • Opinion: India’s diplomacy needs a new strategic playbook

    7 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam