Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Chhattisgarh Two Naxals Killed In Kanker Encounter

Chhattisgarh: Two Naxals killed in Kanker encounter

The encounter broke out during the morning hours under Siksod police station limits in the Kanker district.

By ANI
Published Date - 31 October 2022, 02:00 PM
Chhattisgarh: Two Naxals killed in Kanker encounter
Bastar IG, P Sundarraj
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Kanker: Two Naxals were killed in an encounter with District Reserve Guard (DRG) near Kadme Village, said officials on Monday.

The encounter broke out during the morning hours under Siksod police station limits in the Kanker district.

Also Read

  • Telangana: Naxals hack deputy sarpanch to death in Cherla
  • Naxals set afire 2 vehicles, machine used for laying telecom cables in Chhattisgarh
  • Madhya Pradesh: 3 Naxals carrying over Rs 30 lakh bounty killed in encounter

One of the dead Naxals was identified as Darshan Padda, Badgaon LOS Commander and the identity of the second is being established.

“Two male naxals’ bodies were recovered. A huge amount of arms, ammunition and Naxal-related incriminating materials were recovered from the spot. BSF troops and DRG teams cordoned the area and the search operations were going on,” said Bastar IG, P Sundarraj The action was taken based on the input about the presence of Partapur area Committee Maoist cadres near Kadme forest. Local police and BSF were also part of the operation.

Further investigations are underway.

Earlier on October 23, the police and security forces busted at least eight modules of CPI (Maoists) supplying medicines, explosives, and logistics to Naxals in the Bastar region during the last two years.

These modules were active in the districts of Sukhma, Bijapur, Kanker, Dantewada and Bastar.

Bastar IG, P Sundarraj said, “Legal action has been taken against people involved in forwarding logistics, uniform, shoes, and explosive materials to Naxal cadres. In the last couple of years, we have opened up more than 43 security camps. These camps have proved to be effectively blocking the supply network.” “The forthcoming operations will be in cooperation with Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra and Orissa. We will be taking necessary actions against the supply modules of CPI (Maoists),” Sundarraj said.

CPI Maoist tried to exploit the grey areas along interstate borders for their activities as well as to strengthen their supply network. The police and security forces across the interstate borders, however, operated seamlessly and jointly cracked down many Naxal supply teams.

Choking the supply chain has been the top priority for police, as it would deplete the fighting strength of the guerrillas. They have broken a lot of ground in this direction and hopefully would do even much better in the forthcoming operational season, the official added.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Naxals

Related News

  • Maoists, security forces exchange fire in Jharkhand

    Maoists, security forces exchange fire in Jharkhand

  • Thirty seven Maoists surrender before Telangana DGP in Hyderabad

    Thirty seven Maoists surrender before Telangana DGP in Hyderabad

  • Cop killed, 3 injured in Naxal-planted IED blast in Bijapur

    Cop killed, 3 injured in Naxal-planted IED blast in Bijapur

  • Maoists call for Bharat Bandh on June 10 to protest senior leader Keshav Rao’s encounter

    Maoists call for Bharat Bandh on June 10 to protest senior leader Keshav Rao’s encounter

Latest News

  • Flight attendants, pilots face highest risk of radiation-related cancer deaths: Study

    3 minutes ago
  • Polytechnic students oppose merger of polytechnic education with Skill University

    9 minutes ago
  • CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

    18 minutes ago
  • ECI data shows long-term rise in voter turnout across several states

    32 minutes ago
  • Vizhinjam port starts EXIM operations, capacity to rise to 5.7 million TEUs

    43 minutes ago
  • JSSC-CGL exam cancellation triggers protests, over 2,000 employees face job uncertainty

    58 minutes ago
  • RBI faces challenge in predicting currency demand amid UPI growth

    1 hour ago
  • Dasoju Sravan questions Congress govt’s loot of private property owners through 22A land restrictions

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam