Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Cricket | Chinnaswamy Stadium Cleared To Host Ipl And International Matches Again

Chinnaswamy Stadium cleared to host IPL and international matches again

The M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru has been cleared to host IPL and international matches again after months of suspension following the 2025 stampede tragedy. KSCA assured compliance with safety measures, while RCB’s IPL 2026 home venue remains under discussion

By IANS
Published Date - 17 January 2026, 09:49 PM
Chinnaswamy Stadium cleared to host IPL and international matches again
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru has been cleared to host Indian Premier League (IPL) and international cricket matches again, the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) said on Saturday.

“We are pleased to announce that the Home Department, Government of Karnataka, has granted permission to the Karnataka State Cricket Association to host international and IPL matches at the iconic venue. The permission is subject to compliance with specific terms and conditions prescribed by the government and concerned authorities,” said Vinay Mruthyunjaya, KSCA spokesperson, in a statement.


The formal approval for marquee cricket fixtures to return to the venue has ended months of uncertainty after the stadium was taken off the calendar following a stampede during Royal Challengers Bengaluru’s IPL 2025 title-winning celebrations on June 4, when eleven people were killed and 56 injured.

In its aftermath, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) shifted several major events away from the Chinnaswamy Stadium, including the Duleep Trophy, the India–South Africa men’s A series, Vijay Hazare Trophy and the 2025 ICC Women’s ODI World Cup, including the final.

Hosting matches at the ground again was subject to the implementation of recommendations from the Justice Michael D’Cunha report, which was part of the investigation into the tragedy.

“KSCA is confident of fulfilling all the stipulated conditions. The Association has already presented a detailed compliance roadmap before the Expert Review Committee and remains fully committed to implementing all safety, security and crowd-management measures in letter and spirit,” added Mruthyunjaya.

The KSCA also endured administrative upheaval, operating without a treasurer and secretary for months after both resigned, citing moral responsibility for the tragedy. Last year, the Venkatesh Prasad-led panel took charge and prioritised bringing back matches to the iconic venue.

With the state government’s clearance now secured, it remains to be seen if RCB will play all of its IPL 2026 home games at Chinnaswamy, considering that its vice-president Rajesh Menon met Chhattisgarh CM Vishnu Deo Sai to discuss staging two games at the Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium in Naya Raipur.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Bengaluru cricket
  • IPL 2026
  • KSCA
  • M.Chinnaswamy Stadium

Related News

  • PBKS spinner Harpreet Brar says respect for Virat Kohli remains despite IPL battles

    PBKS spinner Harpreet Brar says respect for Virat Kohli remains despite IPL battles

  • ‘I am ready for any chance I get’: Praveen Dubey eyes bigger IPL role

    ‘I am ready for any chance I get’: Praveen Dubey eyes bigger IPL role

  • Bhuvneshwar Kumar says love for cricket, not India comeback, keeps him motivated

    Bhuvneshwar Kumar says love for cricket, not India comeback, keeps him motivated

  • RCB becomes first cricket franchise valued over 300 million dollars

    RCB becomes first cricket franchise valued over 300 million dollars

Latest News

  • EAGLE Force arrests six in Odisha-Hyderabad drug network

    16 seconds ago
  • If singing Vande Mataram is a crime, file cases against Gandhi, Nehru: Kharge

    43 seconds ago
  • Hyderabad: 26-year-old shopkeeper dies of electrocution in Balanagar

    4 minutes ago
  • Families donate organs of two brain dead individuals in Hyderabad

    4 minutes ago
  • Malkajgiri civic body to modernise traffic signals at key junctions

    9 minutes ago
  • Kejriwal alleges Delhi Police took Kuldeep Kumar from home early morning

    21 minutes ago
  • Tata Sons AGM adjourned as Tata Trusts fail to nominate representative

    22 minutes ago
  • Need to shorten OODA loop for operational superiority: Air Marshal Tejpal Singh

    54 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam