Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Entertainment | Ellen Degeneres Daytime Talk Show To Go Off Air In 2022

Ellen DeGeneres’ daytime talk show to go off air in 2022

The epic show that inspired a number of spinoffs, has been a major fixture of the talk show landscape. The list of spin-offs inspired by Ellen's show includes 'Ellen's Game of Games,' 'The Masked Dancer,'

By ANI
Published Date - 13 May 2021, 12:08 PM
Ellen DeGeneres’ daytime talk show to go off air in 2022
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: American comedian Ellen DeGeneres will end her popular daytime talk show in 2022. According to Variety, ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ will officially end in 2022. DeGeneres has hosted the series since 2003, meaning the show will have run for 19 seasons by the time it ends.

The epic show that inspired a number of spinoffs, has been a major fixture of the talk show landscape. The list of spin-offs inspired by Ellen’s show includes ‘Ellen’s Game of Games,’ ‘The Masked Dancer,’ ‘Family Game Fight,’ and ‘Ellen’s Greatest Night of Giveaways.’


As DeGeneres’ current contract ends in 2022, the move to end the series is not altogether unsurprising. When she extended her contract in 2019, there had been rumours that she was planning to end the series at that time, though she ultimately signed for another three years.

“I was going to stop after season 16. That was going to be my last season and they wanted to sign for four more years and I said I’d sign for maybe for one. They were saying there was no way to sign for one. We can’t do that with the affiliates and the stations need more of a commitment.” So, we [settled] on three more years and I knew that would be my last. That was the plan all along,” the 63-year-old actor said in an exclusive interview with The Hollywood Reporter.

As reported by Variety, DeGeneres and the show have come under fire due to allegations of racist behaviour and intimidation on the show.

Several reports surfaced in April 2020 on the outrage among the show’s crew members over pay reduction, a lack of communication and poor treatment by producers after the pandemic shut down production; a non-union tech company was hired to tape the show remotely from DeGeneres’ California home.

As per Variety, the ‘Mr Wrong’ actor did eventually address the allegations and three top producers on the series – executive producers Ed Glavin and Kevin Leman, and co-executive producer Jonathan Norman – were fired.

“It was very hurtful to me. I mean, very. But if I was quitting the show because of that, I wouldn’t have come back this season,” she told The Hollywood Reporter.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • American
  • comedian
  • DeGeneres'
  • Ellen DeGenere's

Related News

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

    Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

  • Trump claims historic fall in US violent crime

    Trump claims historic fall in US violent crime

  • Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

    Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

Latest News

  • T-Hub and Japanese major OKI launch program for Indian Deeptech Startups to access Japan

    2 minutes ago
  • Prakash Raj’s ‘Jagamae Sangeetham’ to premiere on Prime Video on September 4

    10 minutes ago
  • BRS backs polytechnic students’ stir against GO 97

    28 minutes ago
  • Aadhaar app crosses 5 crore downloads; over 200 entities join offline verification ecosystem

    28 minutes ago
  • Gukesh vs Sindarov: Vidit says world champion’s title defence will test mental strength

    34 minutes ago
  • Withdraw GO 97, release White Paper on Skill University: BRS

    43 minutes ago
  • Ravneet Singh Bittu says Punjab CM cannot dismiss ED charges as politically motivated

    46 minutes ago
  • BRSV protests proposed merger of polytechnic education with Young India Skill University

    59 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam