Tuesday, May 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Encounter Breaks Out Between Maoists And Security Forces In Jharkhands West Singhbhum Forests

Encounter breaks out between Maoists and security forces in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum forests

An encounter erupted Wednesday morning between security forces and Maoists in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district. CoBRA personnel were ambushed during a patrol in the Rutughutu forests. Intensive search operations continue as authorities remain on high alert to flush out insurgents

By IANS
Updated On - 29 April 2026, 12:24 PM
Encounter breaks out between Maoists and security forces in Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum forests
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Chaibasa:  An encounter has broken out between Maoists and security forces in the forest areas of Jharkhand’s West Singhbhum district on Wednesday morning, officials said. The exchange of fire took place in the Tonto police station area when personnel of the CoBRA 209 Battalion were out on a patrol inside the dense forests of Rutughutu.

According to information, security forces have been conducting an intensive search operation for the past two days in the Boroi and Toonbeda areas under the Goelkera police station limits. During the operation, Maoists, who were lying in wait for an ambush, opened fire on the moving patrol team at around 4.30 a.m. on Wednesday.


Security personnel retaliated promptly, leading to intermittent exchange of fire that has continued since morning. Following the incident, a high alert has been issued in the area. Security forces have cordoned off the entire affected area and additional personnel have been kept on alert.

West Singhbhum Superintendent of Police Amit Renu said that extensive search operations are underway in the forested areas and the situation is being closely monitored. Of late, concerns had been raised about renewed Maoist activity in the Goelkera region following the recent killing of a former Maoist.

According to sources, a squad led by Maoist commander Misir Besra is attempting to strengthen its presence in the area. Security agencies had already received inputs suggesting a possible increase in Maoist activity in the bordering forest regions of Saranda and Kolhan.

Following the encounter, security arrangements have been intensified across the West Singhbhum district, and a high alert has been declared in sensitive forest areas of the Kolhan region. Police and paramilitary forces are currently carrying out search operations in the difficult forest terrain for area domination and to flush out Maoists.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Jharkhand encounter
  • Maoists
  • security forces
  • West Singhbhum

Related News

  • Amit Shah says naxalism fully eradicated ahead of 2026 deadline

    Amit Shah says naxalism fully eradicated ahead of 2026 deadline

  • Maoists, security forces exchange fire in Jharkhand

    Maoists, security forces exchange fire in Jharkhand

  • Kashmir on high alert ahead of Pahalgam attack anniversary

    Kashmir on high alert ahead of Pahalgam attack anniversary

  • Pakistan reactivates 70 terror launchpads in PoK, 800 terrorists ready for infiltration

    Pakistan reactivates 70 terror launchpads in PoK, 800 terrorists ready for infiltration

Latest News

  • NHRC seeks inclusion of ‘Intersex’, ‘Transmen’, ‘Transwomen’ in Census

    2 mins ago
  • Why the rupee is sliding against the US dollar in 2026

    8 mins ago
  • Shahid Kapoor and Kriti Sanon groove in Cocktail 2’s new track Mashooqa

    11 mins ago
  • Kin of two daily-wage earners block traffic seeking justice in Mancherial

    19 mins ago
  • Passengers rescued as car goes up flames in Adilabad

    23 mins ago
  • BVRIT students wins 1 lakh cash prize in arm bharat AI challenge

    28 mins ago
  • Telangana villagers fight against Bidar municipal dump yard close to their village

    33 mins ago
  • ED gets court nod to arrest Ashok Kharat in Rs 70 Crore case

    38 mins ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam