Hyderabad: The fire sub-station at Gandhi Hospital swiftly acted to contain the fire that broke out in the switchboard located near lifts in the hospital at around 7.20 am on Wednesday.
The staff at the hospital who noticed the fire, quickly alerted the personnel at the fire sub-station, which is located within the campus of Gandhi Hospital. The fire personnel rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire by 7.40 am.
With fire department personnel managing to control the situation within 20 minutes, there were no incidents of the fire spreading to other vital inpatient wards at Gandhi Hospital where the inpatients are recovering.
“During the Covid pandemic, we had converted the entire hospital into an ICU to treat only critical Covid positive patients. For safety purposes, during that time, we also established a fire sub-station within the hospital campus, which came in handy today. We also trained our hospital personnel on how to respond during such emergencies and they did alert the fire personnel at the substation quickly. Within a span of 20 minutes, they managed to control the situation,” Superintendent, Gandhi Hospital, Dr M Raja Rao said.
According to reports, it is suspected that a short-circuit might have triggered the minor fire in one of the switch boards at the hospital.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.