Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Entertainment | George Clooney To Executive Produce Ohio State Abuse Scandal Docu Series

George Clooney to produce Ohio State abuse scandal docu-series

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Wertheim broke the in-depth expose "Why Aren't More People Talking About the Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal?" for Sports Illustrated on October 5, 2020

By ANI
Updated On - 24 February 2021, 10:05 AM
George Clooney to produce Ohio State abuse scandal docu-series
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: American actor George Clooney and Grant Heslov’s Smokehouse Pictures are partnering with Sports Illustrated Studios to produce a docu-series about sports journalist Jon Wertheim’s cover story. The series will detail the decades-long abuse scandal in the athletic department at Ohio State University.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Wertheim broke the in-depth expose “Why Aren’t More People Talking About the Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal?” for Sports Illustrated on October 5, 2020, which revealed the list of over 350 alleged allegations against former Ohio State sports doctor Richard Strauss.


The story detailed the student’s encounter with Strauss, who was described as “smart and manipulative.” It was also reported that Strauss personally disbursed steroids to athletes.

“This article uncovers the most widespread sexual abuse scandal in the history of American higher education,” Wertheim said in a press release.

“It is a story about power, abuse, enabling and the hierarchy of college sports that had been concealed for far too long. Because these courageous men made the decision to remain silent no longer, we can finally begin to hold the abuser, and those who were complicit in their silence, accountable for their actions – and inactions. With the help of 101 Studios, Authentic Brands Group and Smokehouse Pictures, their voices and stories – harrowing as they are -will be amplified.”

As per The Hollywood Reporter, Clooney and Heslov of Smokehouse Pictures will serve as executive producers. Wertheim, Jamie Salter, Corey Salter, Marc Rosen of Sports Illustrated Studios; as well as David Glasser, Ron Burkle and Bob Yari of 101 Studios will also executive produce. Andrew Kramer of Loeb & Loeb negotiated the deal on behalf of Sports Illustrated Studios.

Wertheim called out the mainstream media for their lack of reporting on the abuse allegations.
Additionally, his story uncovered the university officials’ lack of response and how the institution refused to believe these male athletes were prone to being sexually harassed. When the school identified merit behind Strauss’ alleged abuse claims, they let him go quietly and allowed him to stay on the university’s payroll as a tenured professor.

As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Strauss was able to open his own private men’s clinic right down the street from Ohio State’s campus in Columbus, which he ran until he committed suicide in 2005. While Strauss has been dead for over 15 years, hundreds of victims continue to seek justice. Ohio State entered into a settlement in May 2020 and agreed to pay each victim USD 250,000, but there are still over 250 claims pending.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Actor
  • American
  • George Clooney
  • Grant Heslov

Related News

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

    Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

  • Trump claims historic fall in US violent crime

    Trump claims historic fall in US violent crime

  • Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

    Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

Latest News

  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    50 minutes ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    17 minutes ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    1 hour ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    1 hour ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    1 hour ago
  • Karimnagar athlete Naga Chaitra qualifies for CBSE Nationals with gold, silver

    1 hour ago
  • Hyderabad District Athletic Association to conduct athletics selection trials on August 22

    1 hour ago
  • EFLU suspends 14 students after NSUI-ABVP clash in Hyderabad

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam