Hyderabad: A major fire broke out in a plywood shop in the industrial area in Nandigama on the city outskirts in Ranga Reddy district here on Tuesday morning. No casualties were reported and a short circuit is suspected to have led to the fire.
The incident occurred around 6 am and the local residents who noticed the fire and flames from the shop, alerted the police.
“A force of 20 personnel both from the fire department and police reached the spot and started fighting the fire. Three fire engines and an earth mover, to break the compound wall, were rushed and the fire was doused in an hour,” said official adding wood and other inflammable material in the shop were damaged resulting in thick smoke.
A short circuit from the main switch board is suspected to be the cause, the official said. There was nobody in the shop at the time of the incident averting life loss. “The total worth of the property damaged is yet to be estimated,” he said.
The Nadigama police are investigating. The footage from the surveillance cameras near the building is being examined.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.