Police said an LPG leakage was suspected to have led to the fire, which broke out on the second floor of a multi-storied building.
Hyderabad: One woman died, allegedly in a fire that broke out in their house at FCI Colony in Vanasthalipuram here on Monday morning. Her husband to suffered burn injuries.
Police said an LPG leakage was suspected to have led to the fire, which broke out on the second floor of a multi-storied building. The victim Saraswathi (45), a government school teacher, her husband Balakrishna and two children were sleeping in the house when the fire began.
“The fire and smoke engulfed the house leaving the residents in panic. Saraswathi was caught in the flames and suffered grievous injuries and died. Following a call from the neighbours, a fire engine reached the spot and doused the fire,” said an official adding that Balakrishna was injured in the fire.
He was shifted to the hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable.
The Vanasthalipuram police are investigating.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.